Pages

Thursday 14 August 2014

Matariki


Matariki
The flames of the campfire flickered as I walked through the sand in my bare feet.The waves splashed almost silently. I stare up at the sky. The stars twinkle brightly. Everyone is talking. As I run over to my friend violet,I look up at the stars. We were at the beach celebrating Matariki.


I gaze up to see Matariki. The seven stars seem to glisten in the moonlight. All the stars dance and twinkle throughout the night sky. As I walk I can feel the crunchiness of the sand beneath my bare feet. I can see the red fire with flashes of gold, sparkling into ambers which drift and disappear into the darkness.

The sea swishes and swirls and the white foam floats on the calm waves. Shells scatter the beach.I breath in the salty smell of the sea. Everywhere people are laughing,whistling, singing or just talking. The scene is beautiful.

As I look around at all the people I wonder if people in other countries celebrate the seven stars? Do they tell stories and eat meals together as we do at Matariki? I would like to find out one day.
Screenshot 2014-08-14 at 9.42.55 AM.png

By:Brianna  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.